We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

google spinnnnnnnnning around as it loads up results? ..and unknown sys files in system32

theDarkness
Resolved

Likes # 0

Earlier today, the entire google search webpage rotated 360 degrees as I clicked on enter/as it loaded up my results-this afternoon, whilst completely sober ;)

My scan results picked up nothing. I have malwarebytes, spywareblaster, avast and online armor installed, and I have checked google uk and usa-yet its only happened once. Scan results are ok, nothing picked up, and it doesnt seem to have been google trying out any new gfx effects, as it hasnt happened since. On another (hopefully unrelated) note, I have noticed that online armor shows two '.sys' files in the windows\system32 folder in vista, and Im trying to find out what programs they may belong to:

EuGdiDrv.sys

epmntdrv.sys

Note the 'drv' in the files=are they drivers (or files related to drivers) for some unknown program? thanks for any help

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Some research suggests that they belong to Easeus ,do you have this software on your PC.??

Online Armour

Online Armour

If not then possibly this,

Threat Expert

Like this post  
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Yes, someone installed the free version of partition master. The date these two files were created, matches the date the Easeus folder and its contents were created exactly, so they should be safe. The modified date does not match, but its a date before it was installed, and likely to be related to be development. No fancy effects on google today, so if it wasnt an infection, or a short term google experiment, I can only blame the gfx drivers on this system

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...