We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

willl this work

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

im thinking of getting this http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-tm98-gn-030uk-refurbished-15-6-laptop-08616478-pdt.html but im thinking of changing the hard drive from a 320 to a 500 gb SATA will it work ?

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

i was just asking for your opinion its from PC world (i don't get you on that bit but oh well)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Hi //adz/// I think robinofloxley was just pointing out that if you "shopped around" you may find better spec.machines at similar prices or for just a little bit more. If you are happy to go with the one you have asked about then the choice is yours - personally I would look elsewhere than PC World - but that is only my opinion.

Look for one with similar spec. but with a larger HDD which would save you having to fit a larger one as you said you were planning to do. If you are planning to buy a larger HDD then it would probably be cheaper to spend the money on a better spec.laptop - it would also save you time and effort in the long run - unless you already have the larger hard drive.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

yeah i understand what you mean ill have a look around if not then yeah ill just clone the drive thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If you are not going for any particular make then post your maximum budget here and I will have a look to see what is available if you want.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

well was thinking 400 im splitting the price i do like this one allot

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-PACKARD-BELL-TS11-HR-038UK-Laptop/741493/?cmmmc=Dealtime--Feed--Laptops--741493&$ja=tsid:9738|cc:|prd:741493|cat:computers%20%3E%20laptops%20%3E%20laptops#productdesciption&$ja=tsid:8361|prd:78888&awc=1571322128788_1982f20c3d049b149236510780583ae3

would the graphics be all right to play basic games like and will USB 2.0 run older USB devices

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Decent Spec. and decent price. I am not a gamer so really can't advise you much on that. Although it is an Intel i3 CPU the graphics is "shared" but I don't think you will have any problem running basic games. USB 2.0 is backwards compatible with USB 1.0

You may wish to wait for more advice from someone else with regards to the gaming but I don't think there is anything else to worry about. With your limited budget you may struggle to find anything much better - ie: you can't go for a mansion if you only have the cash for a 2 bedroom flat!

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

im not either i just play sims total war games like that so it should be all right yeah i know what you mean it will do though i think

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Was £399 when I posted 4 days ago. Now £369.

It's a good buy I reckon.

My 2 year old Athlon II x2 3GB+250GB was £379.

I have been very happy with it.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

thats allright then ill get it

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

just a quick question does the PACKARD BELL TS11-HR-038UK have any more memory slots so i could add more RAM its juts a question

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...