We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why has my internet wireless stop connecting to my router all of the sudden?

Nightfrost

Likes # 0

Ok peeps i really need help on this and i have tried alot of things and none is working, and i dont want to spend money on anything so i hope someone can help me, please! ok i have a second hand Acer, and for months my wireless was working perfectly fine, now yesterday my laptop wireless has decided to stop picking up my wireless router. At first i thought it was the router, but i realized that it was picking up my mobile wifi and my xbox which means it works, then i checked my laptop and it seems it can pick up my talktalk router and netgear, but it wont connect to my talktalk yet it connects to netgear which is someone else connection. I have no idea why all of the sudden this has happened, but i do know is that i need this fixed pronto. So please help me out!!!!! Thank you

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"it wont connect to my talktalk" do you mean you can't log on at all to talktalk connection? Does it ask for password?

Like this post
Nightfrost

Likes # 0

Well here is the thing, my laptop shows my router wireless signal, but it wont connect, yet my xbox and phones pick it up and works on them. I have logged in to that thing to see the settings of the router and all works, so im not sure if its something to do with my laptop even tho i didnt change anything so i dont see why its not working

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just to be sure. Is this how it is? The laptop can log on to the router and you can access the routers home page from the laptop, but you cannot get on the internet from the laptop.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Hi

It is possible that you need to update the drivers of your laptop's wireless adapter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......