We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 Months Trial of Eset

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

6 months trial of Eset if you are in the Uk.

Just tried it and got my username and password so obviously still working for those that want to try it.

http://www.eset.co.uk/Sales/ComputerShopper

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nobody interested in Eset free for 6 months.

Maybe it's reputation is not as good as it used to be.

Like this post  
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Maybe everybody is happy enough with the what security software they have.Plus in 6 months time you will either need to buy Eset or change for some other program.Hardly seems worth the bother.

Thanks for the link anyway.

Like this post
Belatucadrus

Likes # 0

Well I'm giving it a go on the laptop, three months or less and I wouldn't bother but six months is long enough for a worthwhile trial imho.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Got to be better than the freebies.Eset has a very good reputation.

After 6 months if you do not want to pay for it you just remove it and get something else.

At the moment I have Avast Internet Security that I got on a 1 year free trial.And I must admit I will miss it when it is time to renew it.It has to be one of the best that I have tried.

I got my username and password from Eset but will probably pass it on to my daughter.I have never used Eset before but I have tried most others it has just come at a bad time for me as my Avast does not run out till April.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Freebies do for me, cannot remember the last time I had a nasty on my PC so I am assuming they are doing their job reasonably well.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Got to be better than the freebies.Eset has a very good reputation.

After 6 months if you do not want to pay for it you just remove it and get something else.

At the moment I have Avast Internet Security that I got on a 1 year free trial.And I must admit I will miss it when it is time to renew it.It has to be one of the best that I have tried.

I got my username and password from Eset but will probably pass it on to my daughter.I have never used Eset before but I have tried most others it has just come at a bad time for me as my Avast does not run out till April.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops sorry about that posted twice.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok thought that I would give it a try since I posted it.

Takes a while to download but license ok till 17thmay 2012 but so far so good.

Will have a good look through it when short scan is finished.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well if this is the short scan goodness knows how long it would take to do the full scan.Took about 15 minutes just scanning Firefox.

Mind youI downloaded the 64 bit version so maybe that is a bit slower .very little movement from the CPU so would imagine this would be Ok for older computers.maybe there is a way of doing a fast scan but will not know till I start checking what it actually does.

Number of infiltrations 1 so far it is almost finished so will have to see what that is.

Not a lot on this computer so a bit slow with the scan so far maybe it speeds up once the first 1 is done so far it has been running for 40 minutes and not finished yet.

It usually takes about 50 minutes for Avast to do a full scan.Will leave this on my computer for a few days at least just to see if it improves.

maybe I should have put it on my 32bit computer.

It has been on 98% for about 10 minutes so far so not sure how much longer it is going to take.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

And still running at 99% 20 miutes later.

So have to say not for 64bit computers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014