We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transferring mass of Emails

chapeau

Likes # 0

I am in process of changing my ISP, What do I do about all the emails to my present ISP web address. There are about 150 Mb of them which I need to keep and access at some future time. Text would be nice, or a format aceesible to Firefox. Only about five days to go.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i would have thought those mails were on your pc?

johnny

Like this post
chapeau

Likes # 0

No, they are on the webmail site of my old ISP

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For now use Gmail to import all your emails, some info here but better help once you create a Gmail account with the help features within.

Once all are saved use Windows Live Mail (Old Outlook) to save on your PC. Once again use the help features to show you how.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I would get an email client for my PC - like pegasus -and download it but then I dont like webmail.

Like this post
elisalead

Likes # 0

If you are using outlook then you can transfer all your emails to a new PST file. You just need to create a new one for this purpose. In most cases, you will get back all emails in new file however, sometimes users face email accessing trouble due to improper configuration. If it happens with you then download free scanpst.exe tool from authorized site and run it to repair your outlook file. I am sure after that you will be able to access your all mails in new account that are in old account.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

elisalead, he is using ISP's Webmail at present - not an email client on pc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added