We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Syncmaster 2333T TFT Monitor problem

Carafaraday

Likes # 0

This was working fine up with my pc and with the Magic Tune Premium software installed. Pc was playing up so I started using my laptop with the Samsung as an external monitor. Worked fine for over a week then a display panel appeared at the bottom right of the screen - Brightness Adjustment - Can't get rid of it as the mouse 'disappears' when I put in over the panel. At the same time the buttons at the side of the monitor are not working properly - including the on/off button. Laptop worked fine using its own display so not its problem. Plugged in the pc which had previously been fine and immediately the grey Brightness panel appeared - same problem - can't get rid of it and the buttons to the side of the monitor don't operate correctly. I suspect the problem may be to do with the Magic Tune Preium software and am tempted to uninstall it and see what happens but am nervous of doing that as the monitor is still under warranty. Any suggestions welcome!

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have just purchased the Samsung S24A350H that has Magic Tune but unfortunately(??) my graphics card is not supported so that I was unable to install it. I did see that there were problems caused by MagicTune on the forums, so I as not too bothered.However removing Magic Tune should not invalidate any warranty. It would not hurt to google MagicTune problems.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have just purchased the Samsung S24A350H that has Magic Tune but unfortunately(??) my graphics card is not supported so that I was unable to install it. I did see that there were problems caused by MagicTune on the forums, so I as not too bothered.However removing Magic Tune should not invalidate any warranty. It would not hurt to google MagicTune problems.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Sorry for repeated postings, PCAdvisor seemed to slow down and I could not establish whether the posting had gone through

Like this post
Carafaraday

Likes # 0

Thanks, Compumac. I have Googled but with not much success. I have also asked Samsung for help but have heard nothing back as yet so presumably will have to wait until Monday at the earliest.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

All of the comments in respect of this that I could find by googling are, in computer terms quite old, I did not find any for the current year and I was apprehensive about installing the software so was a little relieved when it did not function due to my graphics card not being compaible.

Like this post
Carafaraday

Likes # 0

Thanks, Compumac. My main concern is that the monitor won't function at all if I uninstall the software - especially now that the buttons on the side of the monitor are being silly. Just as well it has a wide screen so I can work on the bit that isn't covered!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...