We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing Christmas Leaflets

brambles

Likes # 0

I have designed a two sided A5 Christmas Leaflet for our Church and the local school have kindly offered to assist us with printing some 6,000 plus copies.

Could someone kindly advise me as to which of these two options would achieve the best quality result.

Scanning the leaflets? Whilst I have produced a high quality print I am not certain about scanning copies.

I also have the leaflets ( Designed in Photoshop) converted into large PDF files which I could give to them on a USB key?

Any recommendations appreciated.

Brambles

I also wonder about show through when scanning on both sides

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

As long as they have a PDF reader, that sounds like the best way to go.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Why not ask the school?

What format is your document in, because if it is in Word then a copy of the file will probably do as it is.

If there is any doubt, then a PDF is my choice.

Using a scanned image of the document or even a photograph is going to introduce troubles with background or colour as well as possibly less sharp text.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Sorry, I didn't notice that your complete leaflet is in Photoshop, I thing the first point is the important one - Ask the school, they are likely to some impressive printer to run 6000+ copies

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

PPS Show through risks are minimal with suitable paper and sufficient weight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert