We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web pages slow to open and intermitantly freeze

redbarron

Likes # 0

Windows XP Pro Internet Explorer 8

Just recently I have noticed that web pages are a bit slower opening and are regularly freezing for anywhere up to half a minute before opening fully.

A full virus scan didn't show anything, and all software and drivers are up to date. Very strange.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Does this happen on certain sites in particular or randomly?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns then press enter on the keyboard.it should tell you that the DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Also an ad-blocker might help.

If it is just happening on the PCA site you get that every now and then.

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

I tried your suggestion buteman which has improved things. Early days, but as yet no hang up's.

I was having problems with allot of web sites, this one (PC Advisor) and the Tom Tom web site being one of the worst. Even now, although not freezing, this site (PC Advisor) is still slow at opening pages. Mind you, it's never been the fastest kid on the block.

Thank you both for your suggestions. Fingers crossed all is better.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

redbarron

PCA site it has been fairly poor at times for a week or fortnight for me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia