We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to download

PeterL1

Likes # 0

I am useing BTYahoo in Windows 7, and have, in the last couple of days, been unable to download any files. Can anyone assist please?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

go into command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and press enter on your keyboard. see if it finds any problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or maybe start in safe mode and click on system repair and see if that fixes it or last good configuration also in safe mode.

Or maybe a system restore to a time it was working ok in normal mode.

Safe mode just keep tapping F8 or F5 at start up.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I have just been offered a deal with BT, but I turned it down because my download capacity would be capped. Are you only allowed to download so much and when you reach that level do you then have to wait for a period of time. Until you are able to download again?

Like this post
PeterL1

Likes # 0

BT download limit is not a problem, I can do this on my laptop. Have done system restore, and a safe mode recover but problem still exists.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Scan for virus and malware.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You say you've been unable to download any files. What actually happens when you try - for example do you get any messages etc?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous