We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

best email program

alibob

Likes # 0

I have a hotmail account on windows live but it is getting very annoying. Every time I try to read my emails I have to sign-in with address & password, even after clicking the box that says, -keep me signed in. It doesn't. Is there any programs where I can just click on emails & read them without all this sign-in business?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Are you using Webmail (Windows Live Hotmail) via your browser?

What operating system do you have W7 or XP or ?

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail-xp

There are lots of different email clients that you can download to your pc and then use them (not your browser) to send and receive your email. You create accounts in them and then you do not have to enter passwords every time.

Windows Live Mail is one that will collect Hotmail email.

(Windows Live Hotmail is webmail. Windows Live Mail is a program you download to your pc. They are different)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Gmail.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

While I can't say that this will solve your problem, it may.

Clear the cookies from your system, this program CCleaneris as good as it gets.

Like this post
alibob

Likes # 0

I am using a laptop with Windows 7 preinstalled. How do I find Windows Live Webmail? I just downloaded windows Live from the internet, it popped up on my browser IE.

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

This is the reason why I stopped using my windows live Email. It is very annoying. I am sometimes not able to login into my account.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

As geniscant says, for a web mail account Gmail is about as good as it gets for a free program, I believe you can also import your settings from hotmail.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...