We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

need some urgent boot up advice please

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I had rebooted pc windows started and i had just got onto google when the pc turned itself off.

on turning back on cannot get past HDMI CHECK SIGNAL CABLE no bios screen, no bleeps.

opened up pc re set graphics card,checked hdd cables,RAM,checked hdmi cable and plugs, power lead.

all fans start the orange light on MSI X58 moterboard changes from amber to green when i turn the power on.

re booted with w7 disc, tried to boot to bios all no joy.

could a graphics card failure cause this? any other ideas please.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

A suggestion ..... Can You try dvi or a VGA cable. It's strange that you cannot get into the bios though.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks never thought of that will look to see if i have a vga cable and socket on the monitor

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

no joy on vga cable.

the graphics card is ATI HD4350 [HEAKSINK NO FAN] but was not hot.

the monitor is a HD 22" samsung.

got no spare pc to test the graphics on or the monitor.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Can you connect your PC to your TV see what you get?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If your mobo has onboard graphics then try removing the card and use the onboard to see if working.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

borrowed a dell flat screen connected via white vga cable the screen just goes to power saving mode after a few seconds.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

RDAVE13

I will try that option it has on board realtek but no realtek driver installed

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave13

when i built the pc put a hd4350 ati in from the start, thought it had onboard graphics but just had a look no socket on the computer to plug the monitor in only hdmi,dvi,dvga sockets were on the graphics card so that option looks a dead end.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

gengiscant

no idea how to connect to the tv we still have an old style box crt tv many years old.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Have you updated the driver recently? I had something similar happen to me at the weekend after reinstalling Windows 7 after swapping SSD drives, when I downloaded and installed the latest driver for my H D 6870 I was getting the same message on my Dell monitor. To be honest I don.t know what I did to sort it. I certainly checked all cables and seating and HDMI cable then I reinstalled Windows again but this time updated everything via Windows update before installing the latestest graphics driver. Anyway it worked. But I am not sure what it was that I did that actually worked. The odd thing was my PC seem to boot except Nothing was on the monitor apart from the error 'power saving mode'. I'll give it some thought see if I can remember anything else I tried.

Obviously different circumstances to your own problem and not really sure what else to suggest as you seem to have done the right checks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks