We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

need some urgent boot up advice please

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I had rebooted pc windows started and i had just got onto google when the pc turned itself off.

on turning back on cannot get past HDMI CHECK SIGNAL CABLE no bios screen, no bleeps.

opened up pc re set graphics card,checked hdd cables,RAM,checked hdmi cable and plugs, power lead.

all fans start the orange light on MSI X58 moterboard changes from amber to green when i turn the power on.

re booted with w7 disc, tried to boot to bios all no joy.

could a graphics card failure cause this? any other ideas please.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i know about smells and burnt capacitors and burnt cpu but i have a health problem where i get burning smells that are not there frequently so its hard to tell if a burning smell is genuine or not. but did try and did not get any smells, been over the m/b with a strong magnifying glass no visible damage there either.

tried both graphic sockets with a new graphics card neither worked yet the board light by the sockets was on showing they are working.

not checked the CPU awaiting for a friend to bring diagnostic cards round, but that may not be for a ages, all hardware eliminated bar cpu and m/b but would a duff cpu have this effect. thanks for continued offers of help.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If Novatec suspect the motherboard then it most probably is. The PC won't boot if the paste has dried up or not efficient, though, have a look here .

I know you've done most of the checks but scroll down a bit, after the beep codes, for more suggestions, click here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)