We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Download/open Office 97-2003 doc

gengiscant
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am having dealings with the Independent Case examiner and have arranged that all documents are emailed to me. For some reason I cannot download,open,save or save as this attachment. I think it has something to do with the ridiculously long file name.(see screen-shot below). I have recently done a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and Office 2007 in stead of 2010. This is not the first document I have received from I.C.E, first since re-installation, but perhaps I did something before which escapes me now.

Screen

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Perhaps they haven't sent it right. Ask them to re-send in proper .doc format

Is your screenshot of the attachement .doc title? it looks strange and with no .doc at the end, where did you get that info from?

Which email client on your pc are you using to collect email?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic I have included another screen-shot which I obviously get when I try to save the document.Screen 2

As to where I got that info from is if I try to save the usual box opens with this massive file name in the title box Screen 3 which is as far as I can go.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Nice piccie - but not the correct one <{:-))

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

wiz-king How strange is that as that picture does not exist on my PC,I have not got a clue where that image appeared from.Perhaps my PC is haunted. This is the right one: Correct screen

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Where there's a will there's a way. I forwarded the email to another email address of mine, AOL as it happens and was able to download and save the attachment without any problems, so I can only assume this is a Gmail problem.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...