We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Embedded document in Access 2003

Craig.m

Likes # 0

I have someone who has used a database to register a report and part of this involves a large word document, problem being someone has created some sort of object that is a blank word document. The report was written and saved to this embedded word document and now it appears to be too large to open when it is clicked "Not enough memory to complete the Automation Object Operation on the OLE Object"

I am no database expert but I would not embed this sort of thing in to the database as it would rapidly become very large, I would have created the document elsewhere and linked to it.

The guy who compiled this report created and saved it all in the database and has no copy, would there be any way to find where these documents are stored within the database so as to retrieve a few hours worth of work?

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Looking at Office MS Access I found something that may help? When you need to update or edit a link you need to do the following:

To update unbound images, in the Database window, select the form or report that contains the unbound object frame, and then click Design . To update bound images, open the form or report for viewing (or open the underlying table in Datasheet view), find the image link that you want to change, and click it. 2.On the Edit menu, click OLE/DDE Links. 3.In the Links dialog box, click the link that you want to reconnect or change. 4.Click Change Source. 5.In the Change Source dialog box, select the new file name. You may need to switch to a different drive or folder or both to find the appropriate file. 6.Click Open to complete the link and close the Change Source dialog box, and then click Close in the Links dialog box.

This may help you track down were the document is stored?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen