We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mac laptop vs PC laptop

Likes # 0

I have never had a Mac - but I really want a laptop that is light and slim, fast etc so good for traveling. But I will use it for business - word, excel, power point etc and will need to connect to office server and use applications such as filemaker. I'm not v computer literate! My IT manager is very anti Mac - but I'm not sure if justified. Less concerned about budget than weight and functionality.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

8 good reasons to consider enter link description here I would have a MAC tomorrow if I needed a new PC or Laptop (which I don't at the moment) I don't have any experience of the MAC but I have had several "plays" with one at my local Comet store. They just look the part! A friend of mine who just happens to be a Computer Engineer has both the 27inch MAC and the MAC Air Book and he says they are in a different league. Almost near impossible to get a virus on a MAC. The Operating System (Snow Leopard) is completely different to Windows and may take a bit of getting used to unless you are considering using the MAC with Windows OS BUT that in my opinion defeats the object. Apart from that I can't advise any further. Good luck and talk sweet to your IT Manager.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

You want to make sure that all of the mac versions are fully compatible with the office applications including the server. It should be but check.

The downside of Apple products is the price.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......