We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I can't find a symbol in word 2007

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

Please can someone help me find the symbol which goes under the french word, 'Facon'. It is like a little number five under the 'c', and I can't remember what it is called. Not ampersand?

Many thanks, as always.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you want a cedilla try holding the down the alt key and then on the number pad typing 0199 or 0231 for upper and lower case.

Meanwhile I'm looking how to do it another way using symbols.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The easier way is to click on the insert tab and then on the ribbon on symbol - select the font that you are using and you should be able to see the cedilla amongst the characters.

Like this post
Eric10

Likes # 0

To get the cedilla while typing in Word just hold down the Ctrl key and press the comma key then release Ctrl and type c or Shift+C for a capital.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Even easier with Eric10's method.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Success, but it took a while. Using the insert>symbol route and changing the font to what I was using (Cambria) was the easiest. Nut it was OK in Times New Roman, also.

I couldn't get the shortcut to work at first, though. Then I found that one needs to press the number lock before typing the numbers. Pressing alt plus shift didn't work.

Many thanks all. You do a wonderful job, as always.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good