We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

media 3 pcadvisor

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

this often comes up on a spyware scan by SAS, it is not the logon cookie as I can still log on after it has been deleted.

can anyone confirm if from pca is it genuine and its purpose or could it be malaware using a bogus pca related name. the computer has to be restarted to fully delete it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Notice when you open PCA media4 installs.Using Firefox8.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Got to be quick I am sure it says media3 and media2 as well.

So we can assume PCA know what they are doing and would not let us download any nasties.

Could be tracking cookies maybe if Superantispyware is picking them up.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman thanks if its pca not a problem,but wondered if it was a nasty hijacking pca name,

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

media3 is the thing that brings up the adverts we all hate on the site but need to keep it going.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I get less of these ad aware tracking cookies since invoking(in IE9 toolbar) Tools/Safety/protection and running a couple of, I think, rdave13 reccomended blockers.(Abine, Easy List)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...