We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Right Click on Android Tablet-How?

lowloader

Likes # 0

Hi All I have just purchased a budget priced Android Tablet and I wish to download an Ebook instruction manual directly from a Website, hence the need to "right click to save as". I have searched all weekend on various sites including PC Advisor-Android FAQ's and there is no real answer out there. I understand that if I plug in a USB mouse that should give me the option, but I don't own one. My question is: how do I find the 'right click' option on the Android Tablet on-board keyboard?

Cheers lowloader

Like this post
tb64

Likes # 0

If you press and hold on the link, does the pop up menu give you any options to save ?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

There doesn't appear to be a "right click" context menu similar to that in Windows. I've just tried plugging in a USB mouse and right clicking goes back to the previous screen. Just a thought but, if you open the instruction manual by clicking the link, does the menu button then give you a "Save" option?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I thought "Right Click to Save As", like the other context menu items, is a Windows function, and therefore won't be available with other OSs

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

If it's a true eBook then it will download if you simply click on the link. As the others say 'this isn't Windows' so it won't work like Windows.

Like this post
lowloader

Likes # 0

Thanks all for your replies. I'm a newbie when it comes to computers and I just thought it would work the same as a P.C. but judging by all your replies I have some further messing around to do before I can make it work for me!!

Cheers all

lowloader

Like this post
lowloader

Likes # 0

Hi again all

I have just managed to get this manual do download by clicking on it as you advised and it appears as a set of numbers and letters ending in .epub, in a "download history" menu. However I can't get the file into the pre-loaded e.reader which is on the Tablet desk top, hence I can't access it. Can someone advise please on how to send it to the e.reader?

Cheers lowloader

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Once the file is in the Tablet, clicking on it should automatically open it in the reader app.

If you don't already have it, the ES File Explorer app is well worth installing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...