We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cant get Avast internet security to work

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi downloaded Avast Internet Security trial version twice tonight and both times I had to remove it because it stopped my Internet Connection.

It downloaded Ok but Firewall and one of the scanners would not work probably because of the no connection.

Tried everything I could think of and looked at The Network Adapter in device manager and found about 4 or 5 bits and pieces of Avast on there.

That cannot be normal can it.

I think the main cause could be that the Security Center is not running.

Went into services and set it from Manual to Automatic but it still does not run.I pressed run now and it closed with error 5.

I removed MSE to install Avast so don't know if the problem is anything to do with that.

I did a system restore twice to remove Avast maybe I should have used Revo Uninstaller.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's best to use the antivirus removal tool to uninstall such programs Avast uninstall utility.

How did you remove MSE? MSE removal

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

NO removed MSE using revo uninstaller on the 4th setting and maybe thats when the problem started.

Just been searching for the error 5 problem and it looks like a bit of a nightmare trying to find the fix for it.

Should the Avast Firewall etc normaly be in beside the network Adapter in device manager.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok downloaded Avast in safe mode with networking and it has installed Ok this time.

Security Center still does not work but not that worried about that just now.

But if anyone knows a fix for it feel free to post.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made