We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon iP4300 printer doesn't print Cyan

bon bon

Likes # 0

I've had this printer for around 4-5 years and it's always been very reliable. However, I've just changed a couple of ink cartridges (including the Cyan one) and after a few decent prints the Cyan refused to work. I've tried the cleaning and deep cleaning facility on the Maintenance tab and although a small amount of ink came through this was only for a short while. I've replaced the Cyan cartridge again but obtained exactly the same results. Having consulted the on-line manual I've left the printer for 24hrs,, tried again but again the Cyan cartridge didn't work (the cartridge light is lit by the way) NB- I'm using Realjet replacment ink cartridges which have worked perfectly with this printer for several years.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This is almost certainly an ink-related problem, even though you have used third-party inks for a while.

It may be worth inserting a genuine Canon cartridge to see if it resolves the problem. Canon inks are reputed to be alcohol-based, whereas compatible inks are water-based. The alcohol acts as a head cleaner and coolant; if the ink jets overheat the print head can be wrecked.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer