We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Video Issue - Help Please

kg5ie

Likes # 0

I have an issue I have been fighting for a week now. I should know how to fix this but so far no joy in Mudville.

Using a wireless router or wireless access point, I cannot stream video or audio. I also cannot download files such as upgrades to Adobe. I can browse to any internet site…such as Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, etc. but once I select a video, audio file, upgrade to download, etc. I cannot. I have tried three routers and one wireless access point. All give the same result.

Wireless download speed checks at 14.4mbps and upload at 7.04.

Now for the kicker. This happens on every device I own… laptop, TV, Wii, Bluray player, Iphone anything wireless. Now for kicker #2. As long as I hardwire to the router, any router, all is good. Netflix…OK. Youtube…OK. Download of files…OK.

I have unplugged everything that should be able to interfere, cordless phones, etc. I have changed channels on the routers and as I said it happens on all routers and my wireless access point.

Still stumped. Any suggestions???

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

kg5ie

You haven't said what your OS is or what Router you're using?

Have you posed this question on your router's site?

Have you been to your router's home site and checked for driver/firmware updates?

Like this post
kg5ie

Likes # 0

I do not believe OS is an issue since it involves my PC (Win7), my Bluray player (Samsung), my TV (Samsung), and my Iphone.

As for routers I have tried 1 Cisco, 2 D-link, and 2 Netgear.

Firmware on routers is latest.

Like this post
kg5ie

Likes # 0

I forgot to mention that I have the same issue on my Wii.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What is your firewall/anti-Virus?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...