We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Memory Speed for AMD Sempron 3500+ 2.00GHZ CPU

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello everyone My Friend has asked me to help her upgrade the memory for her machine which has a Asus M2N68-MA SE2 v2 Motherboard fitted and the above PCU. There are 2 DIMM Slots and both are taken with x2 512MB PC2-4200U memory which if fairly old in memory speed nowaday I think. I am thinking of her having 2GB or a 4GB Memory Kit but not sure which speed DDR667, DDR800 or DDR1066 ?

Can someone please match a decent speed which will work with the FSB ok of the AMD if thats what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 1

Have you got the name of the MB down correctly, or is it M2N68-AMSE2 V2? If so the link below will give you the information you need.

http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-m2n68-am-se2/4507-3049_7-33632758.html?tag=mncol;subnav

Like this post  
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello Kestrel,

Typo correct its M2N68-AM SE2 v2

Thanks for the link!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks