We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Oulook does not retain password

LaneFarmHouse

Likes # 0

I have recently started running outlook 2002 with windows 7. Each time I open outlook I have to reinsert the password despite having ticked the box for password retention. I have tried looking for the *.pst files in windows 7 but failed. Would I lose all my outlook data if I reinstall outlook over the top of the current installation? Any help would be much appreciated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This may help MS Support but there are known problems with Outlook 2002 and Vista and W7 and the solution is probably to stop using very out of date software and go for a newer version of Outlook or use Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird instead.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See this Outlook info about Outlook and W7. You will be stuck with the password problem unless you change your e-mail client.

Like this post
LaneFarmHouse

Likes # 0

Thank you for our help. I guess I shal have to try to find the cash to upgrade my software - so expensive. I still cannot find the.pst files in Windows 7. Anyway most grateful for your advice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See this for location of pst file pst Windows 7

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more