We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new build problems!!!!

the_game

Likes # 0

Hi im needing some advise, decided to build another computer and im having problems the specs are Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 motherboard, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T processor,Corsair xms 2x4 gb ram All brand new, Gigabyte 560ti OC graphics card . coolermaster psu 650w are only a couple of weeks old as i used in old system .Ive just built it but i am struggling to get by splash screen and when i do i just message to get in bios and it reboots but no picture, ive noticed the longer i power down the longer it stays in bios and i am only talking 1-2mins at the most.On splash screen it seems to freeze and the keyboard does too.Ive tried removing everything thats not needed,removing and repasting cpu, running x1 ram only,changing graphics card,clearing cmos which seems to allow me in to bios for a short time,changing cpu fan im hoping its not a compatibily problem with the components ive brought i believe they should all work but dont want to rma anything if its not needed.Im at my wits end and i am wondering if im missing something silly,my gut points to motherboard faulty but im not sure,i sadly dont have a old amd comp as i was running a intel quad core rig before.hope someone can help, thanks.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Nave you tried to boot with memtest in?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes