We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost dvd drives in w7

sputnick

Likes # 0

I have lost both dvd drives. Uninstalling and updating drivers dosn`t help. In drive properties i find reference to registry for these devices is incorrect. I`ve done a couple of system restores but no luck. If i update drivers I get a message that the drivers are up to date.

Any help please

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a look here enter link description here

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

Found solution in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
edited registry all ok now. hope this may be useful to others.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Interestingly, I have just updated a little-used Win 7 computer this evening, and it too has just lost the two DVD drives. Sorted by a registry edit, but I wonder if there's an MS update issue?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Sorted by a registry edit, but I wonder if there's an MS update issue?

It is a possibility.

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

I often wonder about MS updates but I would have thought that a restore to before that would solve, but possibly not.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I know this was a common problem with the RC release but I thought they had solved it with the general release?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015