We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What it it with TalkTalk?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I am asking the following on behalf of one of my 'Flock' I guess it could also in Consumer or a discussion point in Speakers corner. I have frequently sent mail to this individual- got no response-and when seen - he will respond- that he had not received such a mail. Having sent him a link to a particular site early in the week - When I saw him on a trip yesterday- I asked - 'Did you get it' Nope he replied. Went road to his house this morning to have a look see. His account is TalkTalk- and sure enough no sign of the mail or any other recent though there was one I sent last week.

I did notice however that all the mail in the box had come in by G mail -not Talk Talk I am wondering therefore is this of possible significance? I have asked him to check his SPAM box/settings so far no response. Any thoughtsd?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Check he has actually got his talk talk email settings as one of the accounts in his email program.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As per Fruit Bat /\0/\ says.

I take it he is collecting in a mail client on his pc only from Gmail server. He obviously hasn't got his webmail server settings right for Gmail to collect his talktalk emails and/or his talktalk webmail server settings to forward to Gmail.

Therefore the talktalk email never ends up on the Gmail server for him to collect and he is not collecting separately.

I think it would be easier if you got his Gmail address and used that instead of his talktalk address if it is a problem to get him to do as Fruit Bat /\0/\ says.

(I think your thread title is a bit unfair on talktalk....)

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Lotvic I agree after I sent the post and spotted my typing error I also thought= yes npt really TT more his machine setting - but what.? He is strictly Web mail user to his TT account There is not E clent operating. The Gmail address he assures me appeared with the tt mail it in not something he has set up. But what ever that may be - He is not getting my mail vis TT except the one mentioned. Strange.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Maybe he has downloaded another program like Google Earth or one of the google stable and not looked at the little tick boxes which, if not unticked, will change everything over to their products, I think it is despicable that you should have to avoid loading programs by default but many others do it and you find that suddenly your default browser or e-mail or whatever has been changed.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Murego Wrote I think it is despicable that you should have to avoid loading programs by default

Ah yes a possibility to consider, though how one goes about checking and 'unticking' what. where is a puzzlement..

On a slightly off thread note, where I have another thread running with TinyURL no longer working for me,[The links turn out to be 'not found'] I am beginning to wonder if it is some change I may have inadvertently 'authorised' Indeed I think I did see one of those 'gone in a flash' messages- too quick to take in.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert