We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound problem

MoiraB

Likes # 0

I loaded a new HP printer/scanner yesterday and now when my husband plays poker on line he has lost the sound effects - any ideas how to remedy this?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

What is the PC? What is the OS?

Have you checked the volume control level?

Like this post
MoiraB

Likes # 0

E-machine desktop PC, Windows XP and I have checked the volume control. All other PC sounds are working as normal. Only problem is no sound effects when playing online.

Like this post
MoiraB

Likes # 0

Doesn't seem to be a problem with incoming sounds as I can get sound on YouTube seems to be confined to online games

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

If it's not your PC then it must be the other end unless you have a filter/blocker of some kind for the site concerned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...