We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Webcam install problems

jerica

Likes # 0

Hi, trying to install a Logitech c110 webcam. Downloaded and ran the Logitech drivers on an XP machine but when the webcam was connected I got a message telling me that the cam failed to install. Ran the prog and got video but no sound, reinstalled the software to no avail. Uninstalled the software as per the Logitech support site, reinstalled and got the same result. Took the camera to another computer with XP and it installed perfectly. Also tried it on another machine with Win 7 and that installed perfectly. Tried again with the first machine and again no go so obviously the is a problem with the first machine, any ideas out there? Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does the problem system meet the system requirements System requirements.

Have you tried a different USB port?

Like this post
jerica

Likes # 0

Yes and Yes. When I first installed the software there was a button for configuring the mic but on later installs it had vanished.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You may need to ensure that the software for the webcam has been completely uninstalled before reinstalling by using Revo (free version)

Revo download

Like this post
jerica

Likes # 0

Been there done that three times.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I can't remember the thread but I seem to remember that if you had a Logitec keyboard with drivers installed this affected the Logitec web cam drivers.

Like this post
jerica

Likes # 0

Nope, not a Logitech keyboard, just tried uninstalling and reinstalling again and this time even the quick capture has stopped working so the Logitech software cannot find the camera.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is the webcam showing up in device manager?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

See if there is anything here enter link description here select your camera from the list.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...