We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox nightmare

jennydog

Likes # 0

I tried Firefox it was a nightmare, I deleated it - but it is everywhere in my computer. I cant use my Yahoo mail properly, I can't change settings in Tools- security.No mater what site I want to use it turns out as a restricted site.Anyone able to help ? Please

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Firefox is nothing more than a browser if you removed via Add and Remove I am puzzled as to why you say it is everywhere. Could you post a few more details? This is what you are talking about? Firefox

Like this post
jennydog

Likes # 0

yes gengiscant thats the firefox I have. By everywhere I mean it changed everything I was, and still trying to do.I did not have a problem opening or useing any site until I loaded firefox, even run search has changed,the little boxes / search places have gone - just a blank space now- except for the dog wondering what to do.I get messages about browser settings - Active something or other need to be changed.I'm sorry if I'm wrong,but it's only gone heels up since firefox.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It would not have changed the Windows search but a nastie may well have, I presume that you are now using Internet Explorer if so which one? In IE 8 try this to reset it.Reset IE 8 IE 9 and run your anti virus etc.

Like this post
jennydog

Likes # 0

I lost everything again - taken ages to get back here-sorry,I had upgraded to IE8- MAYBE thats where it all went wrong?? l'll try that link you've given- I've got to go out now so I might be some time. Thank you for your time so far.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try clearing Firefox out with REVO UNINSTALLER. When deleted and if you still want to use Firefox (I use nothing else but Firefox) you can choose from this list which version you want to install.enter link description here If you do reinstall you can turn off the check for Automatic updates to Firefox via Tools - Options -Advanced Tab - under "Auto Check for Updates to Firefox" UNCHECK "Firefox" box.

I have version 7.0.1 and have no plans to update to V.8 at present. New versions quite often have problems until "ironed out" which is why I avoid them like the plague.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good