We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error 1406 and Code 57e

ianeon

Likes # 0

Good morning - I run Windows 7 and Office 2003 - On Tuesday 8th November I tried to install the latest security updates for my Office programme, they wouldn't install and I got the error "CODE 57e" - after trying one or two fixes I uninstalled my Office programme and during re-installing I got the "ERROR 1406" message various times. I can use the programme, other Microsoft updates install OK, but I cannot install the security updates for my Office programme. As I am not fully "computer literate" I am reluctant to try things without help and advice. I did Google the problem and tried various solutions, but all to no avail. Can anyone advise me please - Thank you for your time.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Have a look here: Microsoft

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

gengiscant - thank you for your interest in my problem - I have tried that solution to the best of my ability - but it didn't have any effect.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Why not try to manually install the updates.

First one and second one

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

Thank you - I tried that - but thats when I get the "1406" error and they won't install

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers