We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free recovery software for photos

playmofire

Likes # 0

I've accidentally deleted some pjhotos on an SD card. I've found a number of free downloads which allow you to "find" deleted files but not to permanently retrieve them. Does anyone know of a free download which allows you to retrieve deleted files as well as "find" them? My laptop uses Windows 7. I'm wanting to retrieve only about half a dozen photos.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Havew you tried this one?

enter link description here

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

This direct download will do the business, first make a New Folder on your desktop and then from within the program browse to the New Folder as the destination for your recovered pics. You can stop the program at any point you wish, pics recovered up to that point will still be in your New Folder - you can even open the New Folder during the process and see your pics being recovered.

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

This will work on any card/flash drive/hard drive, but note that if used on a hard drive, it will also find all the little icons in every program on your hard drive, so you could end up with thousands of images, easy enough though to delete those you do not require, they will still remain on your hard drive, so nothing to fear.

An excellent little program to keep in your armoury.

Like this post
playmofire

Likes # 0

Thanks for the links. The first is one of the "free trial but buy it before you can retrieve your photos" which isn't worth it. The second crashes saying a file is missing. I opted not to install the optional email software, so maybe that's why.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Strange, there is no optional email with CampicRestor - are you sure you clicked on my link?

I have just clicked on the link above and it worked fine.

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

This one is good.Recuva

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I would also recommend RECUVA

Like this post
playmofire

Likes # 0

I'm sure I did click on your link, Nontek. However, I did some moree searching with Google and found this one:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-2094_4-10694796.html?spi=3bf759fdb01152225d94854dcc1ec903&part=dl-PandoraRe

which works very well.

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions and help.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

OK, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......