We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NO Wireless connections on laptop

chale

Likes # 0

I have a laptop which cannot "see" any wireless connections for whatever reason. After troubloe shooting, it comes up with message " ENABLE WIRELESS" BY SWITCHING ON ETC.

However, turning on the switch using FN + key does not yield any result.

I have looked at the DEVICE MANAGER and the wirless adapter seems OK - no exclamation mark etc.

This laptop used to connect through wireless but not anymore.

Waiting for your help...

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Have you checked in the local Services? The Wireless Zero Configuration should be Started, and set to Automatic.

Like this post
chale

Likes # 0

All has failed. I went as far as reinstalling the laptop to its factory installation.

Is it the "switch" which is not working???

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The internal wireless adaptor may have failed even though it is shown as working by Device Manager and if you look in your manual in page 82 it shows that the adaptor can be accessed via panel 2. So one alternative is to replace it or as buteman says you could also use a USB wireless dongle and see if that works.

Like this post
chale

Likes # 0

Thanks - I will have to resign to failure and just buy a USB wirelss dongle/adapter.

Thank you mall for the help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Under network adapters in device manager there should be 2 showing one for the wireless connection what is it.

And although Device manager does not show any faults it does not mean that drivers do not need to be updated.

I would go to the manufacturer's site and see if there are any updates for your model.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes