We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox/Nectar Search, and loss of IE icons

Allan RISC OS user
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since Friday I have not been able to run Firefox 7.01 when Nectar Search Bar is installed, I was ok in the morning but after re booting the PC in the after noon Firefox crashed as soon as it was loaded. The only way out was to uninstall and reinstall. This problem now occurs when I install the Nectar Search Bar. This morning I was advised by Nectar to create a new profile for Firefox and they run it, this was ok, but as soon as Nectar was installed it crashed again, no other add ons had been installed. I have now lost all my Icons on the left of bar, and had to reinstate them, however, I am unable to get one back for IE all I have is the one that looks like a box with 3 dots on it. I have tried to repair IE but have not been able to re-install it as each time the installer stops and reports IE 9 is already installed. How can I overcome all these problems.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Do you have Trustee Rapport installed? If so there may be a conflict with your Nectar Search Bar.

Instructions here for uninstalling IE 9 and automatically revert to IE 8 enter link description here then if you wish you can reinstall IE 9

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For IE I'd try going to start, all programs, accessories, system tools and then run IE with no add-ons. If it opens then go to tools, internet options, advanced tab and then restore IE through the reset tab. If it works then ok, otherwise follow northumbria61's suggestion. If you don't have Trusteer Rapport then possibly the Nectar Search bar might not be worth the hassle. FireFox is now on version 8.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Firefox is now version 8. Go to Help, About.

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

I had the same problem with the Nectar toolbar on Firefox and had to go into safe mode to delete it, it's the same with Firefox 8 as well, I think the toolbar had an update and this is what is causing the problem and I've given up on it now

Like this post
Allan RISC OS user

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help, I think I will also give it up as a lost cause. I can still use the Nectar Search in IE.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...