We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Incredimail problem

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

The following screen-shot shows the problem. Incredimail just will not open and stay open. I have tried re-installing/updating/System Restore, all to no avail. It did open once after many repeated tries, which gave me the opportunity to send a VIP request for help to Incredimail (I have paid for version), but now even if Incredimail reply to my call for help, I cannot receive their mail as Incredimail just refuses to open.

Any ideas to secure a solution would be most welcome. TIA.

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00304.jpg/

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

^

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Delete it and reinstall it.

I know emisoft does not like Incredimail are you using any of their products.

Try with your Firewall turned off and see if that helps.

What security programs have you got installed and have you checked to see if any of those are interfering with Incredimail.

Maybe give malwarebytes a run just to make sure there are no nasties on your computer,

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like it is if you have a Hotmail or MSN account that can be causing the problem.

Maybe read your way through this and see if you can find anything to help.

http://forums.incredimail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9911

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I agree with buteman's comments - there is a conflict somewhere. Have you looked in Task Manager to see what else is running at the same time.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, I have done a full scan with Malwarebytes and also checked all the other things buteman has suggested.

Have had a quick look at the link buteman has given, looks interesting but I will still need to dig deeper within that link, as all the comments there do refer to the same problem as mine. I did try re-setting my hotmail account but so far no luck.

I will let you know how I get on.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Still no joy, I have tried all the 'solutions' mentioned in the link above, to no avail.

I have reported problem to Incredimail via the VIP contact, but no reply so far.

I am using my bt.internet Yahoo email address meanwhile.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

northumbria61

I did check in Task Manager, no problem there.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I did try re-setting my hotmail account but so far no luck.

Have you tried deleting your Hotmail account to see if that is the problem. You can reinstall the account if it doesn't make any difference.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are instructions here (scroll down) for when Incredimail won't start including a Registry Edit - and screenshots etc. Worth looking at enter link description here

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

northumbria61

Yes I did try the delete route. I will try your latest suggestion a bit later on, when I am fully awake :-)

Thanks, will let you know how I get on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home