We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is PCa running slow today

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I downloaded Firefox 8 earlier today and the PCA site has been very slow since.

Anyone else getting a slow response to the PCA website or is it a Firefox problem.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

In the last hour or so it has dropped to a crawl,which is a shame as it has been quite well behaved recently.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok thanks for the info gengiscant I thought it may have been something to do with the new version of Firefox.

As I am not the only one having bother with it I will class this as resolved.

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ok now but was dreaful ealier took several mins to open each post

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines it was bad earlier but ok now.

It has been a little bit iffy since Monday I can usually tell when something is going to happen when the refresh button on Firefox opens red and stays like that for a bit longer than normal.

It was taking ages today.But Ok now.

I closed this early as I get e-mails telling me that someone has posted to the thread even though I have it unticked.I do wish they would turn it off.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

*Buteman. * It is very hit and miss these days as to whether a notification email comes through not just with me. I seen new posters say that they hadn't received an email when someone has posted to their question.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have never been one for getting e-mails from PCA never got any with their old set up but get them now.

Maybe I should tick the square and they might stop.

Just hate getting e-mails that are not wanted.

I have got them marked as junk but obviously still get them in the junk mail folder.

I actually forgot about them till I opened a few threads to day be a while before I open any more.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have never been one for getting e-mails from PCA never got any with their old set up but get them now.

Maybe I should tick the square and they might stop.

Just hate getting e-mails that are not wanted.

I have got them marked as junk but obviously still get them in the junk mail folder.

I actually forgot about them till I opened a few threads to day be a while before I open any more.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like it is a little bit slow today again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Waiting for pinmywebsite.com to open which has no security clearance.

Seams to work ok on I/E but takes ages on Firefox.

This is the one.

http://www.pagesinventory.com/domain/www.pinmywebsite.com.html#4

But what I have read about it is it is a Microsoft program/So should it be interfering with Firefox.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...