We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 8 Update

Boghound
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone updated to Firefox 8 without pulling their hair out over all the add-ons extensions being disabled or disappearing? Is there a way to avoid laboriously installing them all? Thank God I've more then one PC!!!!

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

No problems here on all three computers, one desktop, one laptop and a netbook

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

When updating it did ask if you wanted to save your add-ons maybe you missed it.

Maybe best removing firefox completely and just updating the latest version.

I have no problem since updating earlier except it is slow opening PCA and it's pages but I think that is down to PCA and not Firefox.

Like this post
Boghound

Likes # 0

Thanks Buteman.....I must have missed that...Did you use the Firefox update or a download file?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

No just used the update in help, and about Firefox.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 1

"is there a way to avoid laboriously installing them all? Thank God I've more then one PC!!!!"

If you have got the same Firefox setup on your other PC then use Mozbackupenter link description here to transfer your profile across from one machine to the other.

This should transfer all bookmarks and add-ons etc.

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Good link here regarding the Add-Ons enter link description here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days