We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop repair failed

Linda Weir

Likes # 0

i took a 2 year old sony vaio to be repaired , keyboard not typing letter k. the repair man brought it back said he couldn't get it working. I made sure it worked before i took it, charged it etc, the connection to the mains was loosish, but had not stopped it working befoe. now totally nothing, not even turn on.. it came back completely dead.he had told me to give up my insurance on it and to use him. but he said there was nothing more he could do.

it might be my nasty suspicious mind but could it have been used by him as parts. it had little use an had cost me over £1000 2 years ago. I am going to have to leave it , but something in his demeanour made me supicious. what do you think. would there be anything worth nicking in the machine.it was a high spec sony vaio.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

the connection to the mains was loosish

A DC jack resolder / replacement should be an easy enough repair for a competent person.

I would be tempted to a repair quote from someone else eg. http://www.cambridgelaptoprepair.co.uk/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer