We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC keep shutting down.

TPSOM

Likes # 0

Mainboard Gigabyte H55H Core i3(1156) Kingston 2GBx2 Window XP/SP2 Andyson power supply Using on board graphic.

After using for 6 mths, system keep shutdown with message"Powersurge on Hub Port. A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port"

Replace with all these...problem still exist!!! All USB port are not connected Replace power supply(new Antec 550W) Videocard(new HD 6450) New harddisk(Seagate 320GB SATA)and fresh install OS Monitor (new Philips) Mouse and Keyboard(both new) Bring back to shop on 2 occassions(with MB,CPU,RAM,Powersupply,HDD with XP). Its can passed the burn-in test for 30 mins without problem.

any ideas? I m lost lost lost.

Thank you.

sng

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

This solution could work for you PCI card

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Motherboard problems I'm incline to think. Are all mobo drivers installed/up to date?

Like this post
TPSOM

Likes # 0

Hi Guys, Thanks for the reply=) Ill go back and try =) Wish me luck

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As the PC is shutting down with this error showing I'd also physically check all usb ports for damage.

Like this post
TPSOM

Likes # 0

hi guys, Manage to boot up XP(at Device Manager)before i can disable my USB port, it shutdown. From there i cant bootup XP again. Did a 'reset'on the BIOS. Same. XP or BIOS wont show up( except the CPU fan running happily) Still under warranty, think should sent back for repair.

Thank you very very much, guys!=)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'