We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Explorer not responding and closes when i try to cut+paste?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, my Pc is Vista and whenever i try to cut and paste or delete anything Windows explorer restarts ever time? Please can someone advise what to do? Thank you.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

hello, anyone?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Also, now no external devices are being recognised? I've run, avg, superantispyware and malwarebytes too and superantispyware found a few items but it's still not fixed the problems?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Good morning

Have you tried sfc /scannow Click here Or system restore to an earlier state when things were working?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, there are no restore points as id turned off system restore last week to scan for nasties. I tried cmd and then scannow, is that the same?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Well it is not the same s system restore no, but sfc /scannow should replace any currupt files.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i did scannow last night but am doing it again right now. I see that i also got redirected to 'ebay' whilst clicking on one of your Google links/searches you privided me with. I have also got redirected when i have used Firefox/IE today too. Maybe an infection is to blame for both problems?

Come to think of it, last night i downloaded a perfectly legit (i thought?) programme called BDlot DVD ISO Master to copy a DVD i have. I used the 'convert to ISO' option and it created a winzip folder which i unzipped and it kept unzipping and wouldn't complete and filled up my hard drive, this is when i tried to delete the file and came across the problem with Windows Explorer!

Does this help please?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Update:No integrity violations found!! Grrrr.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Update: getting redirected almost every time i search Google now!!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

The software was reviewed here: Pcadvisor so I am assuming its not that. You say you have scanned for nasties and found nothing. This is a puzzle. I wonder if the Event logs will give you any clues. But I must admit it certainly would seem you are infected.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Sorry, what i meant was Malwarebytes did find a few things last night but i have restarted since and done more scans. Maybe do them (Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and AVG) in safe mode would help?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer