We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Explorer not responding and closes when i try to cut+paste?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, my Pc is Vista and whenever i try to cut and paste or delete anything Windows explorer restarts ever time? Please can someone advise what to do? Thank you.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hello?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

AHA!!! I've just restarted and got this: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/exploit.jpg

Does this help please?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Please can anyone help me?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

You certainly do have a nasty lurking. Here are some removal instructions. Exploit blackhole and another Exploit blackhole 2

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, strangely, the scan doesn't find any viruses(exploit)?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Wondered where you had got to. So the scans suggest nothing is there yet AVG seems to disagree. Very odd. I'll have another look around later. Doing this from the IPad and later,when I get out of my bed,I'll be fitting an antec kuhler 920 to my rig. So it might b later in the day.

One suggestion is to try one of the better online scanners.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thank you for that! Im at work but am home at 3pm so will try then. Please may i ask if you could name a few of those online scanners?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Here you go. Scanners I personally like Trend Micro and F-Secure.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Brilliant Gengiscant, i am now virus-free and i can delete/cut/paste everything on my desktop again!! Thank you so much for that!! ps- Eventually i found that the Kapersky trial scan found Exploit Blackhole.

Thank you so much!!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Your welcome.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer