We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My laptop's eaten my dvd

Damarc

Likes # 0

I' ve got a dell studio with a grab dvd driver. When I first had the studio a few years ago I couldn't work out how to get the dvd back out because the media centre is a separate line of touch buttons above the keyboard and it was difficult to see the eject button.

However it was a thinner than usual dvd and it did try to eject a few times to no avail but now says there's no dvd in there. I assume this is a screwdriver job and if so I'll have to take it to the repair shop but if anyone knows any alternative please let me know.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

For a Car CD player but the principle is the same

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

Have you tried navigating to the drive in Windows Explorer, right clicking on the drive and selecting 'Eject' from the context menu?

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

I've tried all of these, with the exception of some of the car cd stuff which I didn't fancy doing, but nothing has worked so I think it's off to the repair centre for me. Thanks for the advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback