We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommendation for DVD watching download

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can you recommend a good dvd player download and link.

I have just downloaded the latest version of Real Player onto the computer, and for some reason it does not want to work?.

Any help appreciated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

VLC player will play everything

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

real player Yuk! why not just use windows media player or better still get VLC player its free VLC Player

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, looks like I will be downloading VLC, and give that a try.

I used Real Player quite some time ago, and through some problem or another took it off the compute. Thought that I would give it another try today, but had problems, which could be Real Player or the computer?.

Thanks again, will tick this as resolved.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure what as just happened, but I used the link Fruit Bat provided, and commenced to download, when Avast warned me of a suspect file, and recommended that I used Avast sandbox. Did that and everything seemed to commence to instal okay, then the system crashed, rebooted and a report was given via Microsoft as to what might have been the 'blue screen' problem.

Checked in XP Add/Remove, and no indication of programme download?.

I will try the link provided by eedcam, and see what happens?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It would appear that when I tried to download the first time, I jumped the gun, by perhaps not downloading properly?.

Tried the second link and went to completion. Still cannot view a dvd, and get report error messages, so it looks like a problem with the computer, which I will try and sort out later.

Thanks once again for links and recommendation, much appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ that looks like a bad link, it goes to fake VLC site and has malware trying to download.

eedcam's is the proper link http://www.videolan.org/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July