We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much RAM HP Pavilion?

geedad

Likes # 0

I have a HP Pavilion p6530uk desktop PC,Windows 7 H. Premium. It came with 4GB Ram. Anyone know the maximum Ram for this model? t( I have tried to contact HP, first by email and they gave me a telephone number to ring, and this resulted in me being passed from one department to another, until I gave up!) All I wanted was a simple answer! Does anyone own one of these and can advise me, please? geedad

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It really depends on whether you have a 32BIT or 64BIT version of Windows 7. If you have 32BIT then you would be wasting your money putting anymore in as 32BIT will only see around 3 and half GB whereas 64BIT is a whole lot more. Then of course there is the motherboard and what RAM it can support.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

According to the manual here:Dell. Your motherboard supports up to 16GB of PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) or PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066) providing you have the 64BIT version of Windows 7.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

gengiscant. Yes,gengiscant, I DOhave the 64bit version (trust me to omit this!) and thanks for the information. Should have gone to Forum first and saved some telephone call money! geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes