We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Yiny URL not working I wonder why?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Several attempts to use TINY URL in recent times have given rubbish links The response is always - page not found Where does the problem lay? Tiny/Google or my machine/ BB service

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Always found that I needed to close the page and reopen if I needed to shorten another url but seems to work the first time.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

That is true rDave- Whilst writing a document[ an E-mail say] and wishing to use the device I always save the doc to draft before doing the business- otherwise the half completed doc simply goes away- and you have to start over.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

moreover that in its self seems not to be the problemm

As stated the shortened code when tried/tested is coming up with 'Page not foundd' etc

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

rdave13

Your test link back to this thread worked so it in that sense- TinyURL works.

In another thread on another topic- it was suggested that an inadvertent change in a system may have taken place by a new application with a 'default tick box' had loaded

-Could that be the case here but how would I know?

I did catch a glimpse of one of those 'Gone in a flash' boxes about something or the other no longer applying- but of course it did not stay long enough for its import to be taken in.

Just to complicate things a little further this system is Ubuntu 10.1

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It could be a browser problem? You can connect with the link created but not create one. Try running the browser without addons.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014