We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where are my E-mails?

bigfooted
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have recently bought a new phone and decided I would like to use it to access my e=mails. I can access my IP account using the log in and password but none of my e-mails appear in the inbox. If I log in on my desktop they are all there so they have not been deleted. I contacted my IP Helpline and they tell me everything is o.k. at their end and the problem is to do with configuring Outlook Express and it is not their problem. I am not a computer whiz so this has left me a bit baffled, how can I access the webmail site but not be able to read my e-mails, and how do I reconfigure Outlook Express without cocking everything else up? I would be grateful for any ideas or tips. I am using Windows XP with service pack 3 and my mobile is a new Samsung. Regards, Brian, Liverpool.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On your pc, Outlook Express | Tools | Accounts | Mail tab | highlight email account, click on Properties button at right | Advanced tab | and at the bottom is Delivery, put a tick in the box for 'Leave a copy of messages on server'

Like this post  
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

As stated by lotvic - but you will not be able to access those emails already in the Inbox of Outlook Express - only new ones coming in after you make the change in the settings.

Like this post
bigfooted

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help, I am beginning to see the light. I thought it would be like accessing my outlook inbox but obviously I got the wrong impression, still I know what to do and can now access future messages. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone