We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connect Monitor to PC

Hetti

Likes # 0

I have a PC that has not been set up for a while but need to know what sort of lead I will need to connect Monitor to the PC.It has a VGA (I think thats the name) that goes from back of the PC to the monitor then The only other thing I can see on the back of the monitor is a little round hole like a Jack socket will this be the power supply for the monitor, if so can anyone tell me what the lead is called?

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Forgot to add the lead I already have (VGA?)is blue with skrews at each side both on the pc connection and the monitor connection.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Power supply for monitor is usually a mains lead. The other thing you may need is a sound cable if the monitor has built in speakers. The other possibility is that the monitor was designed to use low voltage DC from an adaptor, in which case you need a suitable one. Google the monitor details and see what that comes up with.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If the power connection on a monitor looks like the one in the image below. Then a transformer and a kettle lead is required.

ClickHere for webpage with images

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Surprised that no one has asked what the brand and model of the monitor is.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Woolwell, onthelimit1 has said to google the monitor details, and I have said what the lead is called.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...