We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Main Board Audio verses Sound Card

bgrave
Resolved

Likes # 0

I use the BBC iPlayer to listen to concerts etc on my PC; recently I have bought my self a pair of Creative PC Speakers. They are a lot better than my previous screech boxes. I use the on Mainboard sound system (Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L). Could I do my self any favors sound wise by fitting a Sound Card.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Personally speaking I had not noticed any improvement when I have used a sound card in the past. It used to be that onboard sound was pretty rubbish but that is not the case these days. Providing,I believe, you have reasonable speakers then onboard sound is fine.

I expect others will have a different views.

Like this post
bgrave

Likes # 0

Hello gengiscant. Many thanks for your input; if I get an Audio Card for christmas I will try it and see. Thanks again

Like this post  
wee eddie

Likes # 0

On Board Sound is quite adequate, unless you are planning to do any recording and manipulation of Sounds.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects