We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

make a link active in a graphic small ad.

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have prepared an advert for next edition of our village magazine. An advertiser who is a local agent for a cosmetics firm wants me to include a link to his parent website.

The link is active in his email, but merely copying it as text into a Corel Draw graphic unsurprisingly doesn't do anything.

How can I make the 'link' live so that a click .... and it opens on the desired website? Once working, the file will be converted to PDF for printing if that makes any difference?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've moved your thread from the Helproom to Webdesign.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Can you explain a little further?

I take it that this ad will be appearing in an email newsletter. Is that the case?

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks F.E.

'Should have engaged brain before asking this question!

The advert is in a paper magazine and there's no way to a link with the internet from a paper copy except by typing the magic words when on line.

I am knocking on a bit, but this (I hope) is the result of spending too long making small adjustments to this and two other ads all of whom expect miracles of readable prose in a relatively small space........Oh well, it is fun most of the time.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone