We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows media player won't play dvd no decoders installed

sugarbabe

Likes # 0

Have a problem with windows media player 11 it installed correctly but when i try to play dvd's get error message can't play no decoders installed, is there somewhere i can download for free??

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try the k-light codec pack and just install in default settings, FileHippo

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Try here for K-Lite codec pack. Codec pack Free

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

K-Lite Codecs here enter link description here

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

I tried the K lite program on filehippo when i ran install said i needed to install DirectX and directed me to download from Microsoft that which i did , then tried again to install K lite said i needed Directx so I re started but it keeps doing it. So won't install K Lite

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

Sorry mean't can't install K lite

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What OS are you running?

How to check DirectX version

Latest for version 9, Link but you might need version 10 or more depending on your system.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Just get VLC player free and better no need to get codecs VLC PLAYER

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

eedcam that depends. Installed latest DivX player and comes with codecs and another bunch of features. Then WMP refused to play a type of AVI from my camera. Puzzled for a while then uninstalled the DivX codecs package and then WMP played the AVI files OK. Have informed DivX of problem and await an answer. Media Player Classic would also not play these files until I deleted the DivX codecs.

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

Running xp.i've tried VLC and win dx neither would work

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run dxdiag and let it load. Click on the help tab to run the diagnostic tool. See if there are any problems showing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......