We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop keys not responding

iscanut2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Some of the keys on laptop keyboard will no longer register. Can I get a USB keyboard, plug it in and use instead of laptop keys. Will laptop recognize the keyboard ?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Yes, I have done this after spilling coffee.

In my case I had a spare PS/2 keyboard and got a USB to PS/2 adapter

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

By the way, it's not difficult to get a replacement keyboard, just search your make and model + keyboard.

Fitting is relatively easy and plenty of online videos if your worried.

Beware cheap keyboards that are US not UK spec.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

robinofloxley

I was going to buy a keyboard at Maplins but it only had the usb connection.The salesman took me round and pointed to the USB to PS/2 adapter and the adapter was actually dearer than the Keyboard.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...